The main work on InLOC was delivered at the end of April 2013, and dissemination is now ongoing, to offer InLOC as a practical solution both to managers of frameworks of skill, competence, etc., and to developers and vendors of tools dealing with related information. Please contact the team for further information.
- Information Model for Learning Outcomes and Competences
All the material is present here in the Information Model pages. The official PDF will be released later.
- Guidelines including the integration of Learning Outcomes and Competences into existing specifications
All the material is present here in the Guidelines pages. The official PDF will be released later.
- Application Profile of Europass Curriculum Vitae and Language Passport for Integrating Learning Outcomes and Competences
All the material is present on the Europass CV and LP AP page. The official PDF will be released later.
All three are now agreed by the Workshop, but it will probably be published as one CWA in three parts.
- The Europass CV and LP AP contains its own XML binding.
- The InLOC Bindings are presented as a "report", referring to:
- The Final Report is viewable by registered WS-LT members.
- The annex InLOC and the Europass CS explains both the relationship of InLOC and the Certificate Supplement, and why there is no application profile for the CS.
This European funded project, called InLOC, allows descriptions of learning outcomes and competences to be managed and exchanged.
InLOC enables services that guide people to and through learning into employment. It supports mobility by enabling links to be made between information about a learner's capability, employers' requirements and intended outcomes of learning opportunities.
An information model has been created for representing both learning outcomes and competences. The models published by InLOC in this field are able to express a wide range of information and clarify relationships between components.
The final technical specification will be put forward, when considered appropriate, as a European Standard (EN).
InLOC has produced guidelines and specifications to support those who have a stake in developing or using information about learner or employee abilities.
It is intended for:
- competence model and framework developers
- learning systems providers
- recruitment and human resources (HR) management systems providers
- policy makers
- assessment and accreditation bodies
- participants in specifications and standards development
- curricula managers
InLOC has relevance to all sectors of professional and vocational development, training and education, whether in the workplace or in school, vocational or higher education.
Even as the main part of the project has concluded, there are several opportunities for you to help ensure that the project takes account of existing good practice and meets your future needs. If you would like to share your experience and requirements, attend events or be kept informed about InLOC developments, please email one of the appointed project team members.
Team actively taking forward InLOC from May 2013:
- Henk Vos, Rapasso
- Jad Najjar
- Jan Górecki
- Marc van Coillie
- Simon Grant, email@example.com
Experts engaged directly up to April 2013:
- Simon Grant (team leader) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Collett
- Marc van Coillie (for enquiries in French - Version française, nouveau:Introduction au modèle d'information (PDF))
- Jan Górecki (for enquiries in Polish)
- Jad Najjar (for enquiries in Dutch or Arabic)
- Cleo Sgouropoulou (for enquiries in Greek)
- Christian M. Stracke (for enquiries in German)
Unpaid expert kindly collaborating as software engineer:
InLOC has now completed its main work in early 2013, funded by the ICT Standardisation Work Programme of the European Commission's DG Enterprise and Industry, and managed by the CEN Workshop on Learning Technologies.
For detail of the original specification of the project, please see the terms of reference from the call for experts.
See the five area of InLOC work.
Page: Dissemination event
Page: Information Model
Page: Misc links
Page: Overview and Orientation
Page: Related specifications
Page: The Interim stage
Page: Version française